Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Allez ... Chairman!

Look who's going to be on "Dancing With the Stars" -- the Chairman himself!

The latest dancing star of the foodie universe is Mark Dacascos, known to us as The Chairman on "Iron Chef America." Given his martial arts background (he's renowned in Kung Fu), I'd guess he'd be in good shape and move well. If he has a sense of rhythm and a likable personality, I predict he'll last past our previous dancing foodie, chef Rocco DiSpirito, who was eliminated in Week 4.

The only question I have is, will all of his movements be accompanied by cheesy sound effects?

3 comments:

Sue said...

I've been away from the tv for a few days, so I didn't see that. He's going to be fabulous. I think he's a martial arts expert, so he definitely has a leg up.

Tracy said...

Hmmm ... I'm around the martial arts a lot. My husband & older son are second degree black belts in tae kwon do and my younger son is a first degree black belt. I can't for the life of me imagine them ballroom dancing. My prediction: he'll do great on the ballroom dances that take flexibility, grace and stamina, like the quick step, Fox Trot and waltz. But I'd be surprised if he didn't have trouble with the movements of the Latin dances. We'll see. It will be interesting!

Tracy said...

I can't wait to see him. I think he'll do great. I have some friends though that are disappointed to find out he's not really the chairman's nephew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...