Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Our family has two St. Patrick's Day traditions:

1. Going to our friends' house for their annual party. They serve corned beef and cabbage and everyone brings a dish.

2. Having a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's. There are rumors floating around on the internet that there are no Shamrock Shakes in the state of New York. Not so! I got mine today in Penfield, at the McDonald's on the corner of Routes 250 and 441. It tasted really good, especially since I've had a sore throat/cold thing for the past week or so. Although I felt kind of gross afterward -- my body isn't used to that much sugar!

Hope you all have a good one!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I need to go get a shamrock shake!

Barbara said...

I didn't know that McDonald's did shamrock shakes! I'll have to check that out.

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Ah, screw McD's and their Shamrock Shake. I tried to buy one last night and the machine 'wasn't working'. Last year (or was it two years ago?) on St. Paddy's Day, they were 'out' of them (at lunchtime. On St. Paddy's Day.) Getting my hands on one of these shakes is like trying to buy a Wii before Christmas.

Mary said...

I've never had a shamrock shake! I never knew there was such a thing.

Emily said...

I have never had a shamrock shake before. I'm so disappointed that I missed my chance!

Barbara said...

Tracy,
I have left an award on my blogspot for you.

Barbara
http://www.travelingaprons-barbara.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...