Thursday, February 26, 2009

Top Chef TV Spottings

I rarely watch daytime TV but I'm under the weather today so I'm relaxing and watching TV...

Fabio was on Ellen today. He was charming and adorable, as I'd expect. He made a simple dish of sauteed zucchini with tofu (ugh - I hate tofu), topped with greens with a vinaigrette and roasted almonds. He did a flambee with Grand Marnier. I'm not sure how it fit into the dish, but it was quite impressive. I do hope Fabio and Carla both wind up on TV somewhere -- I'd watch them in a minute.

Also, I saw a familiar Top Chef contestant on Iron Chef America. It was Amanda Freitag vs. Bobby Flay in Battle Alaskan King Crab. I would have LOVED to have been a judge on that episode -- the food looked amazing! Anyway, who was the sous chef for Freitag? Arian Duarte. Interesting because Ariane has her own restaurant... I wonder when the episode was filmed.

I have my short chat with Stephanie Izard to write up but my cold has me feeling dopey ... it's coming...

2 comments:

Michele said...

Feel better!

Of course, the tofu/zuch. recipe sounds great to me . . .

Karyn said...

I love Fabio. I hope he gets his own show or something, because I'd watch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...