Sunday, January 11, 2009

Top Chef? Nah, Top Band

I haven't have time to blog about this week's Top Chef yet, but in short, I'm glad Carla didn't get cut and I still love Fabio ... but what's with the goofy Italian music they play behind him every time they show him? Maybe I'll post more later, maybe not. On to bigger stuff (for me) ...

One reason I didn't have time to post is that my son's band, 441, was in the finals of the local Battle of the Bands (and I was cooking & cleaning for the after-party). The competition was for local high school bands, and my son's band was the youngest of the bands that competed (my son is the "old man" of the group -- he just turned 14). There were two preliminary rounds, and the top eight from each round met in the finals. The "munchkins" (as one of the judges called them) took second place! They won $400! Here's video of their final song of the night -- my son is the tall kid playing bass and singing lead.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yaaay! Awesome.

Allie said...

That's so cool! Congrats!!

Elisabeth said...

How neat that he takes after his mom. :) Thanks for sharing!

knitlit kate said...

they are tight! very impressive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...