Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rocco on Dancing with the Stars (spoiler ahead)

I'm intrigued by Rocco Dispirito - highly regarded chef who also has a reputation for being narcissistic ... opens a restaurant on a reality TV series and the restaurant ends up being a disaster (my husband and I were engrossed by the series). Now a leaner Rocco rises like a phoenix and appears on Top Chef and then Dancing with the Stars. The latter was another disaster that made for engrossing TV -- he just didn't have any sense of musicality or rhythm. And yet he somehow came across as a gracious and fun-loving guy who gave the show his all. An act or someone who has learned from his mistakes? I have no idea and I'd be curious to know.

Rocco's gone, but I hope this doesn't prevent Dancing with the Stars from bringing on another chef in the future. NO, not Giada, Rachael or Paula -- enough already of those three. Bring on Anthony Bourdain! Now that would REALLY make for some compelling TV!

I'm crazy busy ... I have a backlog of stuff to post if I could only find the time ... keep checking back ...




6 comments:

Mary said...

I now have a vision of Anthony Bourdain doing the tango - God help me!

The Cookbook Junkie said...

He also pops up on Biggest Loser and he seems like a nice guy when he's there. I didn't watch his series but I was aware of his reputation so I was surprised by how likable he seemed on BL.

anna said...

I think that was a challenge I saw on Karin's blog! I really have no comment on this post as I have never seen the show, nor do I know who Rocco is.
I enjoyed your posts from your Grandma's house. What a nice opportunity for both of you to spend time together. My Grandma died nearly 25years ago but I have so many fond memories and think of her often.
Anna's Mom

Tracy said...

Mary, the thought of Bourdain on Dancing with the Stars cracks me up. Wouldn't happen but it's fun to think about.

Cookbook junkie, maybe Rocco has gained some humility and wisdom along the way. I hope so.

Susan, your comment on Karin's blog cracked me up. Glad you liked the posts from Grandma's house -- I actually have a couple to add but haven't had the time. Karin visited me while I was there and had dinner with Grandma and me. It was nice to catch up with her!

Veronica said...

You know I just have this feeling that Anthony Bourdain is a really elegant dancer...I have nothing on which to base that-but just a feeling :).

Tracy said...

Veronica, you just may be right! I'd love to find out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...