Friday, August 01, 2008

Music Meme

I'm on the mend from appendix surgery and have a few food-type things to post, but now I can't find the dang cord that transfers the photos from my camera to the computer. To the rescue -- a couple of blogging buddies who tagged me for memes. I'm going to do the easiest one first - a music meme sent to me by Allie.

Here are the rules:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your summer (or whatever season). Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.

First up ... my seven songs. Sad to say, the music I listen to has narrowed considerably in the year and a half since I joined a rock band. That's because I'm either listening to new songs for our playlist (to learn the lyrics and structure), or listening to songs we already play to refresh my memory for a gig. In the rare instances we don't have an upcoming gig and we're not working on new songs, I'm usually listening for songs to suggest that we add to our playlist. Since the name of our band is CRB, which stands for Classic Rock and Blues, you might not be surprised that such music tends to be along lines of ... er ... classic rock and blues. As it happens, we are adding seven new songs to our playlist right now, so I am currently listening to, over and over ... (I just learned how to do this embedding thing ...)



Midnight Rider by the Allman Brothers. In a rare break from my stance on "I don't sing lead," I may actually take the second verse a la Sheryl Crow (one of my idols, by the way).



Lay Down Sally by Eric Clapton. Can't wait to do the harmonies.



The Core by Eric Clapton. We seem to be on a Clapton kick.



Get Ready - the Rare Earth version ... and, like Rare Earth, our drummer may sing it.



Ain't Too Proud To Beg - the Stones version ... we're also on a rock-version-of-Temptations-songs kick. Even though I'm singing backup, I may have to get an outfit just like Amy Winehouse in this video.



The House is Rockin' by Stevie Ray Vaughan. This song is great for us -- our awesome lead guitar player & keyboard player will rock it out.



Knocking on Heaven's Door ... our version won't be quite like this ... but it will rock ...

Did I say that I'm listening to them over and over? By the end of August I'll be able to sing them in my sleep ... so, unfortunately, will my family...

The rest of the rules ... tag seven people. No doubt some of them won't bite ... and no doubt that those that do will be more interesting than mine...
Karin at Artful Crafts
Karyn at Pretty in the City
Michele at No Frigate
Shannon at Writing as I Eat
Smita at Smita Serves You Right
Laura Rebecca at Laura Rebecca's Kitchen
Lori at Lori's Lipsmacking Goodness

I swear, I'll be back with food as soon as I can put my hands on that cord...

2 comments:

Karin said...

OK, I played. But as you'll see from my post, I am both musically challenged and blogging friend challenged. Glad you're on the mend.

Amy said...

Oh, appendix surgery! I'm guessing you're on the mend, since I found this so late.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...