Thursday, June 12, 2008

Top Chef Junior - is it for my kids?

Michele H (presumably my cousin) told me first: there's going to be a Top Chef Junior show. I can't find any reference to it on Bravo's Web site but it's all over the internet -- just Google it.

Will I be a cooking contest stage mom and push my son to try out?

No. Way.

Won't suggest it. Won't ALLOW it.

I love Top Chef, but I can't imagine the format translating to something that would be a positive experience for kids. In fact, I can't recall my kids ever watching Bravo -- I watch Top Chef after they are in bed.

If my kids were in their later years of high-school, gung-ho about cooking, and eying culinary school? Maybe.

And I'll certainly watch it ... as long as I feel like they aren't too hard on those kids. Bravo had better be careful.

6 comments:

Shannon K said...

You're absolutely right!

My first thought when I heard this news was, OMG! My T-man would be great at this! Then, once "mommy thinking" took over, I realized that I wouldn't want to subject him to that. Ever.

I will look forward to seeing how they treat those young foodies!

:-)

Shannon K said...

You're absolutely right!

My first thought when I heard this news was, OMG! My T-man would be great at this! Then, once "mommy thinking" took over, I realized that I wouldn't want to subject him to that. Ever.

I will look forward to seeing how they treat those young foodies!

:-)

Tracy said...

Your T-man WOULD be great! But I just wouldn't trust the TV types with my kid, much less the TV types at Bravo. If my kid were older, and were to watch the show for a season and decided he wanted to try it out (a la American Idol)that would be another thing. But they'd BETTER not be too hard on those kids!

Catherine Wilkinson said...

AGREE!!! Ridiculous idea.
There's enough of this push-your-kid-to-grow-up-and-be-an-asshole stuff all over tv and the movies! They're nuts.

Emiline said...

I wonder what the minimum age is to get on the show? I have a nephew that's 8 months. Do you think that's too young? He's gifted - I can tell.

Veronica said...

Yeah...ah..no. They don't need that kind of scrutiny at a young age-middle school/high school is hard enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...