Friday, May 09, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?

I was midway through writing my latest Top Chef post (which originally started as 15 minutes worth of random thoughts, and has grown into this long friggin' thing...)

Anyway, I just got a call that I'm "in" for the competition at the Public Market. See post below. I'm petrified.

Want to know what happens to me when I get really nervous? I get tired. Isn't that weird? I can barely keep my eyes open. I should be downstairs perfecting vinaigrettes or memorizing recipes but I'm going to bed.

I am a recipe cook -- and not a terribly creative one at that -- so I expect to crash and burn. But it could be an interesting blog entry! Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Shannon K said...

Where is that positive attitude we all love from you, girl?

You'll do GREAT! I have faith in you and your culinary abilities. Use the force...

:-)

Emiline said...

I can't wait to read your Top Chef review. It was a good episode, but long.

Good luck in the contest. I'm thinking you have an advantage over the other contestants, since you have experience.

Joe said...

Woohoo! Congrats Tracy!

Valerie said...

wow! that'll be sooome experience for sure. how fun. good luck.

Lisa said...

Go Tracy! You will do great. Not creative....I don't think so! How about all those contest wins? Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Tracy...You've been watching that cooking show for so long I'm sure you've picked up some "fly by the seat of your pants" tips.....knowing you, you'll do great! Can't wait to hear the details. If anyone knows how to Dice, Slice and Spice up New York ... it's you! Good Luck! Marie F

Lore said...

That competition sounds like lots of fun, especially since you're not memorizing anything. I tell you what: I don't have any cookbooks in my house. You'll see that making up as you go can really grow on you.

Jodi said...

You will do great! I have no doubt that you are capable of this.

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations on the cooking contest! I can't wait to read a post about it. :)

Ann said...

Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...