Monday, April 14, 2008

Luggage arrived and the cooking is over!

I awoke at 4:30 this morning to find that our luggage had arrived! Woo-hoo! Nothing like some clean clothing, hair products and makeup to make me feel like myself. So here's Tom & me today, with me pointing to a picture of my recipe on a display. (I've also added some photos to previous posts.)

I have loads of stories to share but frankly want to enjoy my experience here, so I'll wait until I get home. I'll just say that my recipe went relatively smoothly, but after walking around and looking at and trying a lot of the other dishes, I don't think my chances of winning are good. Oh well, all the more reason to enjoy my trip.

Tonight is a party at Dallas institution called Eddie Dean's. They tell us to wear our cowboy gear, so it should be fun.

If you want to read more about the Pillsbury Bake-off contest experience, there's a blog on the Pillsbury site.

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow, Tracy, I'm just catching up on all your Bake-Off adventure posts this afternoon...sounds like you've had quite a ride so far! I'm so impressed that you've made the time to blog since you started your trip! Glad to hear you got your luggage...enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

Marie C said...

You must be exhausted - it doesn't sound like you've gotten more than a few hours of sleep over the last few nights! I'm glad the hardest part is over and now you can just enjoy yourself! I'm still holding out hope that I'll be taping the "Today" show on Thursday! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy...so glad you got your luggage. Hey... you never know about what the jugdes are looking for! I hope you enjoy the event tonight and I will be on the blog tomorow morning. I am so excited that you could be at his event again...it sounds like you meet so many nice people and have so much fun! See you soon! Marie F.

Jenny said...

Oh Tracy, I'm so glad to hear your luggage arrived. I would have been a whining baby if I had nothing. You are a great sport.

I love living the bake-off through you, makes me feel like I'm right there with you guys. Best of luck to you, you never know what will fancy those judges!!

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Am I seeing correctly? A peanut butter cookie recipe won? That seems too basic for one thing and as the parent of a peanut-allergic child, I just can't get on board with that. The last thing I want to see is this recipe showing up everywhere.

This is why I could never do cooking contests. I would never guess that something so primative could win. Your recipe was much better!

LeighAnn said...

I'm so sorry you didn't win. Your recipe is so much more unique than peanut butter cookies!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy...sorry you weren't in the money but it was great fun, I'm sure!
Way to go Vanda...Rochester has had it's share of winners!!! See you soon. Marie F.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...