Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hooray for Wegmans!

I know from some family members' experiences that grocery store chains can be lousy places to work. In contrast, Wegmans was ranked #3 on this year's list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” in Fortune Magazine, and it has appeared on the list every year since it was first published in 1998.

As a customer, I'm glad to shop at a store that treats their employees well. I wish other retailers would learn from their example.

Wegmans also treats their customers well, with pleasant stores, competitive prices and good service. I'm proud of our Rochester-based grocery store chain!

2 comments:

Emiline said...

Are they paying you to say this?
Just kidding.

We don't have a Wegmans, but I wish we did. Sounds like a good store. Are you able to find a lot of ingredients there?

Tracy said...

Nope, sadly nobody pays me anything to say good things about them. And yep, Wegmans has a good selection, although I'll say something negative to prove they aren't paying me to say nice things about them.

They have their own lines of many products, all of which are very good - not like the cheap store brands you see in other store chains. As a result, they have a smaller selection of the national brand names. That's not a problem except for when I'm working on a cooking contest, and Wegmans doesn't carry the brand that's sponsoring one. Sometimes I have to go on a hunt all over town to find a certain brand name ingredient. So there. A negative about Wegmans that's probably longer than my original positive post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...