Monday, September 24, 2007

Now THIS is a gig!


OK, I know it doesn't look like a glamorous location. It wasn't. But this weekend's CRB gig was near and dear to my heart -- it was a BBQ cookoff in Leroy, NY. When we got there, that yummy smoky BBQ smell was wafting in the air.

I don't eat before I sing, but once CRB was done playing, our drummer and I made a beeline for the BBQ area. The guys were packing up, but were kind enough to give us some grub to taste. It was all delicious. Someday I may join a BBQ team, because it looks like fun. But to be honest, after the stress of the National Beef Cook-off, I was glad to be tasting and not competing.

Another CRB gig this coming Saturday -- if anyone is at the Kidney Foundation Walk at the zoo, we'll be there. As a result, I'll probably be doing more practicing than cooking this week.

(Thanks to Daniela for the photo. The spouses and significant others of this band are incredibly helpful and supportive.) For more about the band go to CRB's Myspage page.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

I love it! You're a rock star!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...