Friday, February 23, 2007

That's me in Cooking Light!

I have a weakness for cooking magazines, and Cooking Light, Bon Appetit, Gourmet and Taste of Home all come through my mailbox on a monthly basis. (Bon Appetit and Taste of Home are gifts from my thoughtful mom and mother-in-law, respectively). Gourmet and Bon Appetit are fun to read from a "what foodies are eating" perspective, but I can't say I cook a whole lot from them. I have used a number of recipes from Taste of Home , but their recipes can be pretty heavy.

For my day-to-day cooking, I use Cooking Light the most. I like the fact that their recipes are a good compromise between taste and nutrition -- they may not be quite as tasty as their high-calorie counterparts, but they also don't use such wretched products as fat-free salad dressing and sugar-free Jello.

That's why I'm especially excited and honored to be in the March issue of Cooking Light. I was a finalist in the magazine's reader recipe contest last October. They did a very nice job photographing my cookies, and I'm even ok with the photo of me (which is a rarity).

My recipe for Autumn Maple Cutout Cookies can be found in the March issue of Cooking Light, or on theCooking Light Web site. Now, these are a light cookie, so don't expect that they are going to taste like a gooey, chewy, full-fat cookie! They are very crispy, like a gingersnap, and not very sweet. They are something that go nicely with tea or coffee. I'm not sure they are a "wow" recipe, though, so I wasn't surprised that the recipe was beaten by a cupcake.

If you want to read about my experience at the contest, here are links to Day 1 and Day 2.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Tracy - I was just flipping through the March issue last night and had to show DH when I came across your picture! So exciting! Congrats again, and the photo of you looks great!

ServesYouRight said...

Congratulations! Cooking Light is a good one and a light autumn maple cookie sounds delightful!

Smita

Anonymous said...

Nice job in the Cooking Light article. I'd be happy to share mine if you want another copy. Maybe you can read from that magazine for your celebrity reader day! :o)
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...