My culinary resolutions for 2007 are:
1. Try one new recipe per week from my extensive cookbook collection and magazine subscriptions.
2. Use my recently aquired gadgets, particularly the pressure cooker, mandoline, and electric steamer.
3. Plan meals more. Go to Wegmans less.
4. Get better at cooking veggies. Use all the veggies I get in my Porter Farms CSA bag.
5. Cook more ethnic recipes.
Yesterday I posted my blog resolutions, and mentioned that you can help. I could use some feedback so that I know whether I'm on the right track with what I'm putting on the blog.
To give you an incentive to take the time to give me this info, I'm going to have a drawing for the cookbook shown here. It's a hardcover cookbook, "Easy Exotic: A Model's Low-Fat Recipes from Around the World." The author is Padma Lakshmi, host of my favorite food TV show, "Top Chef." The recipes are from Spain, France, Italy, India, Asia, and Morocco, and they look simple and interesting. There are various anecdotes and photos of Padma throughout the book. I got the book at a discount bookstore, and, of course, got a copy for myself.
All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. I'd appreciate feedback, such as what you like to read on my blog, or food blogs in general, and what you don't. I just need an e-mail address (if your profile links to an e-mail, I'll get it from your profile). At the end of the month, I will do the drawing, and will contact the winner to get a mailing address -- U.S.A. addresses only. (I'll pay the shipping.) The deadline to enter is: January 31, 2007.
Thanks, and good luck!