Sunday, January 07, 2007

Culinary resolutions and win a cookbook!

My culinary resolutions for 2007 are:
1. Try one new recipe per week from my extensive cookbook collection and magazine subscriptions.
2. Use my recently aquired gadgets, particularly the pressure cooker, mandoline, and electric steamer.
3. Plan meals more. Go to Wegmans less.
4. Get better at cooking veggies. Use all the veggies I get in my Porter Farms CSA bag.
5. Cook more ethnic recipes.

Yesterday I posted my blog resolutions, and mentioned that you can help. I could use some feedback so that I know whether I'm on the right track with what I'm putting on the blog.

To give you an incentive to take the time to give me this info, I'm going to have a drawing for the cookbook shown here. It's a hardcover cookbook, "Easy Exotic: A Model's Low-Fat Recipes from Around the World." The author is Padma Lakshmi, host of my favorite food TV show, "Top Chef." The recipes are from Spain, France, Italy, India, Asia, and Morocco, and they look simple and interesting. There are various anecdotes and photos of Padma throughout the book. I got the book at a discount bookstore, and, of course, got a copy for myself.

All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. I'd appreciate feedback, such as what you like to read on my blog, or food blogs in general, and what you don't. I just need an e-mail address (if your profile links to an e-mail, I'll get it from your profile). At the end of the month, I will do the drawing, and will contact the winner to get a mailing address -- U.S.A. addresses only. (I'll pay the shipping.) The deadline to enter is: January 31, 2007.

Thanks, and good luck!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Hi! I am reading your blog and enjoying the comments about Anthony Bourdain. There is another book by him, Kitchen Confidential.

I agree with the comments about the Beirut episode of his show. I finish his show with lots of ideas and questions and, as you say, they aren't all about food.

I enjoy your recipes but also have loved the writing you do about books and contests. No help, I guess, but I will keep reading whatever direction you choose!

Steph (scouzin@gmail.com) said...

Hi. I've just discovered your food blog, and I think it's one of the best I've seen! Personally, I'm good at completely inventing dishes, and I'm good at baking strictly from a recipe, but I have yet to figure out how to modify a baking recipe and not have it morph into something inedible. I really like when there's a recipe with your own adaptations, and explanations why. Seeing the improved, final product will hopefully help me become more inventive as well. Love the blog!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, let me know you get my comment. I love the blog. and I want to WIN. I also enjoy the recipes you share. I used the cranberry salsa and want to make your recent coffee cake recipe. And I am going to check out some of the food network shows you talked about (I don't watch many) I'd like recipes you find that are good and easy! Keep up the good work and don't forget I want to Win! a.c.

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I enjoy your blog + food adventures very much. My favorite post was about the ice-cream flavor that your son came up with. Bee Sting is amazing!!
Good wishes,
Yours in blogging,
Smita

Karen Buck said...

Well, you know I want a chance to win :) In addition to my comments on your last post, I would say that I also enjoy your stories about your kids; food and kids is certainly a relevant topic for me. Maybe you could tell about how you structure your menus to woo your kids to eat healthy sometimes.

Also love the Rochester-related food stuff, of course.

Maybe you could give reviews of some of your favorite cookbooks and cooking websites.

Marie said...

Hi Tracy...not only do I love the recipes you include in your blog...I love how you make things fit in with your family life...and make it seem easy like you have all the time in the world...How do you do that? I also like your writing style...your blog is an easy read and enjoyable... and you include links that are interesting and helpful...You're right on track Tracy...Thanks!
From: "Would like to be a better cook friend," Marie

Michele said...

OK, I don't want you to send me the book in India, even if I do win the drawing, but I had to leave a comment about one of my favorite NYC celeb. spottings -- which was of Padma's husband, Salman Rushdie. A friend and I were waiting for our movie to start, when we saw him scurry out of another theatre -- alone! No bodyguards! So much for that fatwa . . .

Tracy said...

Michele -- cool celebrity spotting! I loved Salman Rushdie in "Bridget Jones' Diary."

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I think I could squeeze one more cookbook on my shelf.

I love your blog. Great writing, great variety of topics. Keep doing what you're doing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...